Another week of illness in the house and anticipation while we waited for Friday and Saturday.
- In my life this week… The biggest event, beyond any other, was Sam turning fifteen on Friday. P and I went to the Kenny Chesney 2013 tour opening at Raymond James Stadium on Saturday. It was AWESOME!!!! We’ve been working on Ben and motivation. It’s not easy, but we’re making progress getting him to do the things he needs to do.
- In our homeschool this week… we read some and we worked on art and we learned about magnets. Specifically, Ben worked on developing his ideas more for his art projects related to animals at the zoo. We also watched a The Science of Disney Imagineering: Magnetism that Ben really enjoyed.
- Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… take your time and don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. I struggle with this, but I’m realizing that Ben is going to learn on Ben’s path and we’re going to have to let him lead.
- I am inspired by… people who work hard and pursue their dreams. One example is Katie’s godmother.
- Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Well, obviously, we saw Kenny Chesney and the Eli Young Band and Eric Church. We went with Katie’s godparents and actually tailgated at the concert. It was awesome. The kids had an overnight for the first time together and it appears to have gone well. I’m pleased.
- My favorite thing this week was… Hearing Kenny Chesney sing. Although, I developed a new appreciation for Eric Church, too.
- What’s working/not working for us… Working: Taking our time with school and working on things that interest Ben. Taking our time means that we don’t rush through the material. He loves watching to learn and working on things to some degree on his own, but he needs more relationship time with me. Not Working: figuring out how to give him relationship time that he needs while also giving Katie time. She is much less demanding for that time, but needs it to. Ben is like a sponge. He will take every ounce I have and I need a little left for me. I have to figure this out before it kills me.
- Questions/thoughts I have…Anything worth doing takes time. I need to be working on things that I want to do and need to do in order to feel successful.
- Things I’m working on… with that in mind, I have to think hard about what I want to work on. I’ve managed to carve out time each day to work on a Lenten Devotional. I need to find time for the things that matter to me.
- I’m reading… Minimalist Parenting and The Power of Zip in a Heavenly Light
- I’m cooking… Spinach Cheddar Chive Scones, but I’m using the Artisanal Gluten Free Cookingscones recipe (halved) as the base so that I can eat them, too.
- I’m grateful for…Centering prayer and Project Life.
- I’m praying for… sleep that is restful and allows me to feel good rather than always being tired.
- A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This is part of the Homeschool Mother’s Journal blog hop at iHomeschookNetwork. If you’d like to learn what other homeschoolers did in the last week go here.